Friday, May 19, 2017
ROASTED BEET CARROT CUCUMBER AND RADISH SALAD ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED BEET CARROT CUCUMBER AND RADISH SALAD by CHEF DAN:
4 beets, scrubbed
1-1/2-cup daikon radish, spiralized
1-1/2-cups radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced on a mandolin
2 tablespoon horseradish
1/4-cup lemon juice
Bag of arugula
1/3-cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon EACH mirin, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2-cup toasted walnuts
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Place beets on a prepared baking sheet and roast for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make marinate in a bowl, combine all marinate ingredients until well blended.
3. Set aside
4. Remove beats from oven; when cool enough to handle, remove skins.
5. With mandolin slice beets and place in a baking dish.
6. Stir marinated over beets; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
7. In a bowl, combine daikon, radishes, horseradish, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Tear arugula into bit-size pieces and place in the center of each plate.
9. Arrange a few beet slices on arugula and top with daikon-radish mixture.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!