Tuesday, May 2, 2017
SHRIMP TEQUILA WIT AVOCADO SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
SHRIMP TEQUILA WITH AVOCADO SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon ground fennel seeds
1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
2 ripe avocados
1 (10.5 Oz) can RO*TEL diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/4- EACH teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper
1/2-teaspoon EACH cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes
1/2-bunch fresh cilantro
1. In a dry skillet over medium-heat toast fennel seeds until they start to pop.
2. Remove from heat and let cool, then grind in a seed grinder.
3. Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, when sizzling.
4. Cut up the half of the butter into cubes.
5. Add the shrimp and tequila, stirring to coat.
6. Saute just until the shrimp is barley pink/opaque and tequila has mostly evaporated.
7. Meanwhile, peel the avocados and discard the pits.
8. Cut the flesh into 1-inch chunks.
In the shrimp skillet add RO*TEL tomatoes and next 5 ingredients, and ground fennel; cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
9. Stir in remaining butter until it’s well incorporated.
10. Remove from heat; stir in avocados.
11. Taste and season if necessary.
12. Coarsely chop cilantro leaves and some tender stems.
13. Cut the limes in half.
14. Divide the shrimp mixture among bowl.
15. Squeeze the juice from the limes onto the shrimp mixture.
16. Top with fresh cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH: