Sunday, May 7, 2017
RISOTTO WITH LORI'S PESTO WITH PEAS AND PINE NUTS ENJOY DAN:
RISOTTO WITH LORI’S PESTO WITH PEAS AND PINE NUTS:
6 cups chicken broth
1/3-cup toasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon butter, divided
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cups ROYAL Italian Superfine Risotto
1/3-cup white wine
3 tablespoons Lori’s pesto
1/3-cup fresh peas
1/2-cup shredded JariSberg semi-soft cheese
1/2- boiling water mixed with 1/4-teaspoon saffron
Seasoned black pepper medley to taste
1. Over high heat add broth to a pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and keep hot.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a dry cast iron skillet, until slightly browned.
3. In 4-quart pot heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-heat.
4. When sizzling sauté shallot for 1 minute.
5. Stir in rice, and continue cooking, stirring to coat the rice kernels with oil and butter, until rice just begins to turn brown.
6. Slide the pan off the heat and add the wine.
7. Stir quickly to incorporate it with the rice; return pot to the heat.
8. Turn to low-medium, and add 1 cup of the broth.
9. Keeping the heat just high enough to keep liquid high simmer.
10. Stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed.
11. Add another cup of broth, stirring occasionally until incorporated.
12. Add the third, and fourth, fifth cup of broth stirring until each cup is incorporated.
13. Then stir in the pesto and another cup broth.
14. Stir in the peas and pine nuts, keep stirring now and then.
15. Add saffron mixture and stir some more.
16. Add half the cheese and stir to incorporate.
17. Remove from heat and remaining butter stirring vigorously to distribute butter evenly.
18. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
19. Top with remaining cheese.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT RICE!!