Friday, May 19, 2017
FRESH ASPARAGUS RIBBON SALAD ENJOY DAN:
FRESH ASPARAGUS RIBBON SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1 pound fat green or white asparagus, (about 14 spears)
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
1/2-Mexican sour cream
4 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2-cup fresh parsley
1/4-cup fresh snipped chives, chopped
1 head Bibb lettuce, torn
1/2-English cucumber, thinly sliced
3 radishes, thinly sliced, on the mandolin
3 tablespoon sliced almond
1. Remove scales from asparagus spears.
2. Use a vegetables peeler, peel thin ribbons from the spears.
3. Cut of tips.
4. Place ribbons and tips in a bowl of ice water.
5. Set aside.
6. Meanwhile, to make garlic paste, finely chop garlic, sprinkle with salt.
7. In a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic and salt.
1. In a bowl whisk together the garlic paste, sour cream, olive oil, and lemon juice.
2. Stir in parsley and chives, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drain asparagus ribbons and pat dry.
1.On a platter arrange lettuce, asparagus ribbons, tips, cucumber, radishes, and cherry tomatoes
2.Drizzle with dressing.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT VEGETABLES!!