Thursday, May 25, 2017
JALAPENO MEXICAN STREET CORN ENJOY DAN:
JALAPENO MEXICAN STREET CORN by CHEF DAN:
4 ears fresh sweet corn
2 jalapenos peppers
3 tablespoons grape-seed oil
3/4-teaspoon salt, divided
1/2-teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, and sumac
1/4-cup Mexican cream cheese
2 tablespoons lime juice
Pinch EACH of chipotle pepper powder, chili powder and cayenne powder
Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Shuck corn: rub corn and jalapenos with 2 tablespoons oil.
2. Grill on greased grill rack over medium-high heat.
3. Heat until charred on all sides, about 12 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, when jalapenos are cool, remove the skin, seeds and membrane: sprinkle with salt.
5. In a skillet heat remaining oil over medium-heat and when sizzling.
6. Add Panko and stir unit it starts to brown.
7. Add paprika, oregano and sumac, toast until fragrant.
8. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, lime juice and remaining salt.
9. Spread over corn.
10. In a bowl combine Panko mixture, chipotle powder, chili powder and cayenne powder.
11. Sprinkle with Panko and chili powder mixture.
12. Top with cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!