Thursday, May 11, 2017
ROASTED GOAT CHEESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED GOAT CHEESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO by CHEF DAN:
Serves 4 (a vegetarian main course)
Large Portobello mushrooms (3-4” wide)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2teaspons lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2-cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
2 spring EACH fresh thyme, fresh cilantro
1 spring EACH fresh rosemary and fresh dill
2 teaspoon fresh snipped chives
1/4-cup goat cheese
1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS: (BROIL THEN: PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 F)
1. Blacken bell peppers on a gas stove or BBQ.
2. Heat oven to broil.
3. Remove stems from Portobello and scoop out brown grills with a spoon.
4. Rinse and clean the mushrooms well.
5. Whisk together dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
6. Using a brush cover the entire Portobello with 3/4-of the dressing.
7. Place under the broiler for 4-5 minutes or until slightly soft.
8. Reduce oven heat to 375 F.
9. Combine tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
10. Carefully pile the mixture in the mushrooms.
11. Dot the goat cheese on top of the tomatoes and peppers.
12. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and soft.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL EAT WITH PLEASURE!!