Thursday, May 25, 2017
SPICY AHI POKE TOASTADA ENJOY DAN
SPICY AHI POKE TOASTADA by CHEF DAN:
Serves 4 (FOR BRADLEY’S GRADUATION)
1/2-pound sushi ahi tuna
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 jalapeno chili, trimmer, seeded and minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4-of onion, thinly sliced
4 scallions, bias sliced into ½-inch lengths
1 small Napa cabbage
1 tablespoon EACH rice wine vinegar, and mirin
2 teaspoon Blue agave. Or pure syrup
3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
4 corn tortillas
1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
Toasted sesame seeds and Mexican sour cream
DIRECTIONS: FOR THE POKE:
1. Cut the ahi against the grain into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Combine ahi with soy, and next 4 ingredients.
3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
SLAW AND TOSTADAS:
1. Halve the cabbage and notch out the core of the cabbage.
2. Place the cabbage flat side down on a board and slice crosswise into shreds (about 5 cups.
3. Mix with the rice wine vinegar, and next 3 ingredients.
4. Set aside for 5- 10 minutes.
TOASTADAS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 500 F)
1. Brush both sides of tortillas with oil and place on a prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Cool before serving.
1. Layer the tostada with a quarter of the poke, a few slices of avocado and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
2. Serves with Mexican sour cream.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL AND EAT WITH PLEASURE!!