Wednesday, May 10, 2017
GRANOLA BARK MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
GRANOLA BARK MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 16 servings
1 cup raw slivered almonds
1/4-cup pecans, chopped
1/4-cup pine nuts
1/4-cup sunflower seeds
1/2-cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4-cup coconut oil
1/4-cup EACH raw honey and pure maple syrup
1-teaspoon EACH vanilla extract and sea salt
DIRECTIONS: (PRE HEAT OVEN TO 275 F)
1. Place almonds and next 4 ingredients into a blender and pulse a few times to break into small chunks.
2. Place the coconut oil, and next 4 ingredients in a skillet over medium-high heat and allow to melt.
3. Stir to combine, then add nut mixture and stir until everything is coated.
4. Spread the granola on a prepared baking sheet, and bake for 2-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice.
5. Remove from oven and add craisins and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Allow to cook for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
7. Break into chunks.
8. Store in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL AND EAT WITH PLEASURE!!