Wednesday, May 24, 2017
PALEO GRANOLA ENJOY DAN:
PALEO GRANOLA by CHEF DAN:
Makes 12 cups
1 egg white
2 cups raw cashews, chopped
2 cups, slivered almonds
2 cups pecans, chopped
2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4-cup pure maple syrup
1/4-cup olive oil
1 teaspoon EACH vanilla, ground cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika, Herb de Provence, and turmeric
1/2-EACH teaspoon ground ginger, and kosher salt
1-cup craisins, dried blueberries, and sour dried cherries
1/4-cup cacao nibs
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 300 F)
1. In a bowl using a hand mix, beat the egg until foamy and hold soft peaks.
2. Add maple syrup and next 9 ingredients; beat to combine.
3. Add the cashews and next 5 ingredients into egg mixture, mix well to incorporate.
4. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, stir the granola and back into an even layer.
7. Return the backing sheet to the oven and continue to bake, stirring every 10 minutes.
8. Bake for a total of 30 minutes or until brown all over.
9. Remove the granola from the oven, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
10. Once it’s rested, add the dried fruit and cacao nibs.
11. Mix by hand breaking up the granola into chunks.
12. Store in an airtight glass container at room temperature.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL EAT WITH PLEASURE!!