Saturday, March 11, 2017
RED QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
RED QUINOA STUFFED PEPPER MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1 cup red quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained
Scant 2 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4-cup Enoki mushrooms
1 (15 Oz) cab black beans, drained
4 bell pepper red and green, tops cut off and seeds removed
1-1/2-teaspoons EACH cumin, chili powder, and tandoori masala
1/2-can water chestnuts
1/4-cup Pace Picante sauce
1/4-cup goat cheese
Fresh lime juice
DIRECTIONS:(PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Add red quinoa and stock to a stock pot, bring to boil over high-heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed about 20 minutes.
3. Core pepper and bring a pot water to a boil.
4. Add peppers and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Remove form water and set inside a prepared baking dish sprayed with Pam.
6. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
7. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
8. Add mushrooms, black beans, and water chestnuts, and cook 3 minutes more.
9. Lower heat to medium and add cooked quinoa, cheese, and salsa.
10. Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted
11. Generously stuff peppers with quinoa mixture until al peppers are full.
12. Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes.
13. Remove foil and bake another 10-12 minutes.
14. Serve with desired toppings.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!