Sunday, March 12, 2017
INSALATA CAPRESE SALAD ENJOY DAN:
INSALATA CAPRESE SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1 (10 Oz) block fresh goat cheese (from Glendale Shephard Farms)
2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil leaves
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a circular design on individual plate place goat cheese.
2. Overlapped with sliced of tomatoes.
3. Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle liberally over the slices.
4. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Mix caper with balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the top.
6. Just before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.