Sunday, March 19, 2017
BRAISED PORK IN ALMOND MILK ENJOY DAN:
BRAISED PORK ROAST IN ALMOND MILK by CHEF DAN:
1 (5 POUND) pork shoulder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 head garlic, with the top 1/2-inch cut off
1 teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, and coriander
12 fresh sage leaves
1-2-inch chunk of Parmesan rind
1 1/2-gallon almond milk
2 tablespoons almond flour
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 F)
1. Remove pork roast from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Season the roast with salt and pepper.
3. Add oil to a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
4. Add roast and sear on all sides for 3-4 minutes and the ends also.
5. Transfer to a crock pot along with garlic, and next 4 ingredients.
6. Pour almond milk over the top of the roast.
7. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
8. Remove roast to a serving platter: cover with aluminum foil.
9. In a bowl whisk together flour with juices from the crock pot.
10. Add to a skillet, cook the sauce, stirring often until slightly thickened.
11. Shred the pork and serve with sauce, potatoes, and vegetables of your choice.
ENJOY DAN: EAT LIVE AND SLOW THE FORK DOWN!!