Friday, March 24, 2017
APPALACHIAN PASTA PRIMEVARA ENJOY DAN:
APPALACHIAN PASTA PRIMEVARA by CHEF DAN:
1 (16 Oz) package of angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2-teaspoon EACH red pepper flakes, and marjoram leaves
3/4-pound asparagus, trimmed and bias-cut into1/2-inch lengths
1/2-(12 Oz) bag frozen peas
10 crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/3-cup coconut milk
4 ounces’ fresh goat cheese
1 handful fresh basil
1. Cook pasta as per package directions.
2. Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
3. Add onion, and sauté for 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
5. Add red pepper flakes, marjoram, asparagus, and mushrooms.
6. Cook until asparagus is golden brown and only half cooked.
7. Add peas, coconut milk, and cook, stirring until the asparagus is tender and cream reduces slightly.
8. Add the 2 cheeses, and stir until the cheese melts, then stir in basil and cooked pasta.
9. Toss to combine.
ENJOY DAN: LIVE EAT AND LAUGH!!