Sunday, March 12, 2017
FIRE CIDER HEALTH TONIC ENJOY DAN:
FIRE CIDER HEALTH TONIC by CHEF DAN:
Makes 1 quart:
1 large horseradish root, about 7-inches long (scrubbed very well)
1 large ginger root, about 7-inches long
1 onion, root and stem end removed and peeled
1 fresh turmeric root, grated (do not peel)
14 garlic cloves, peeled
Rind and juice of 3 lemons
2-4 jalapenos, stems removed
4 cups raw apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon EACH dry rosemary and thyme leaves
1/4-teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2-cup raw honey
1. Scrub all ingredients well.
2. Use largest hole on a box grater to grate horseradish, ginger, and turmeric root
3. Roughly chop onion, orange, garlic, lemon. and jalapenos peppers.
4. Layer all ingredients into a 1/2-gallion jar EXCEPT honey.
5. Cover well with vinegar.
6. Put a square of wax paper/ parchment over the top of the jar.
7. Steep for 4-6 weeks, shaking daily.
8. Check often to see if more vinegar is needed.
9. After 4-6 weeks, open jar and strain out vinegar into a bowl through cheese cloth.
10. Squeeze ingredients in cheesecloth to get out remaining vinegar.
11. Stir honey into vinegar to taste.
12. transfer into air-tight jars and store in a dark cool place.
13. Done! Shake well before each use.
As a general health tonic, take 1/2-1 Oz shots daily or as needed.
For acute cold systems, 1/2-1 Oz shots every few hours.
Could be used for vinaigrette, dressing, marinates, sauces, or mixing cocktails.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!