Sunday, March 26, 2017
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLOOD ORANGE DRESSING ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLOOD ORANGE DRESSING by CHEF DAN:
3 medium beets, (preferably a mix of red and golden beets)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 blood oranges
1/4-cup red wine vinegar
Zest of one orange
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon EACH dry mustard powder, and curry powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 red onion, thinly sliced
3 cups arugula or mixed salad greens
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
DIRECTIONS: 9PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Wrap beets in foil, drizzled with oil and salt.
2. Roast for 1-1/4-hours.
3. Let cool, then peel the beets, and cut them into 1/4-inch dice.
4. In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, and next 7 ingredients.
5. Peel and section oranges.
6. Add beets, orange sections and toss to coat.
7. Arrange the salad greens on a large platter and top with beets, orange sections, onions, and sunflower seeds.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN: