Monday, March 13, 2017
ISRAELI COUSCOUS WITH PISTACHIOS AND APRICOTS ENJOY DAN:
ISRAELI COUSCOUS WITH PISTACHIOS, AND APRICOTS by CHEF DAN:
2 cups Israeli or pearl couscous
1/2-cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1/4-cup EACH dried sour cherries, craisins, and dried cranberries
1/4-cup mint, chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/2-teaspoon EACH allspice and cinnamon
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon raw honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the couscous per package directions:
2. Fluff the couscous and add it a bowl with the chopped fruit, pistachios, and mint.
3. In a Mason jar add olive oil and next 5 ingredients, shake well.
4. Add honey and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour over the couscous mixture, stir to combine.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!