Saturday, March 11, 2017
THAI STYLE BRISKET FOR THE SLOW FOOD POTLUCK ENJOY DAN:
THAI STYLE BRISKET FOR THE SLOW COOK POTLUCK by CHEF DAN:
1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds) cut in half
1 (19.5Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
2 tablespoon yellow curry paste
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chunky peanut butter
3/4-cup soy sauce
3 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon EACH red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin
3 carrots, julienned
2 sweet potato, peeled and chunked
2 bell peppers, sliced
1/2-cup scallions, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch lengths
1 cups roasted peanuts
1. Add 2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, when sizzling.
2. Add brisket and brown on both sides.
3. Set aside.
4. Combine carrots, and next 3 ingredients and place in the bottom of the crock pot.
5. Place brisket in the crock pot over the vegetables.
6. Combine peanut butter and next 7 ingredients and pour over the brisket.
7. Mix coconut milk with curry paste and pour over the brisket.
8. Cover and cook on low for about 9-10 hours.
9. On a cutting board thinly slice meat across the grain.
10. Place back into crockpot and serve with vegetables.
11. Add dry roasted peanuts.
ENJOY DAN: SHARING LIFE LOVE AND FOOD!!