Wednesday, March 22, 2017
CHICKEN AND PASTA SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN AND PASTA SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
22 cups chicken stock
7 pounds chicken tenders
2 tablespoon Johnny’s seasoning
3 onions, chopped
5 carrots, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
2 cups Italian style salad dressing (recipe to follow)
1 (16 Oz) can mushrooms
2 (15 Oz) cream of mushrooms soup
3-pounds angel hair pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350 F)
1. On a prepared baking sheet spread chicken tender and season with Johnny’s seasoning.
2. Bake for 40- 50 minutes.
3. In a stock pot add butter over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
4. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
5. Add carrots, celery, and sauté for 3 minutes.
6. Add salad dressing and next 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
8. 30 minutes before the soup is done add baked chicken.
9. Also, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
10. Add paste and cook about 8 minutes.
11. Add cooked pasta and heat through.
ITALIAN STYLE SALAD DRESSING:
1 tablespoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder, white sugar and paprika
2 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
1-tabelspoon EACH dried thyme, basil, and parsley
1. Mix all ingredients together and stir to combine.
2. Store in a tightly sealed container.
TO PREPARE DRESSING:
1. Whisk together 1/4-cup vinegar, 2/3cup oil, and 2 tablespoons dry mixture.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!