Thursday, December 4, 2014
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
CRANBERRY SAUCE HOMEMADE by CHEF DAN:
1 pound fresh cranberries, washed and dried
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1/4-teaspoon EACH nutmeg, and raisins
1 orange, zested and juiced
1. In a pot combine the cranberries, sugar and water.
2. Stir to blend.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-het.
4. Reduce to simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice, nutmeg, and raisins.
5. Simmer for about 7 minutes.
6. Some of the cranberries will burst and some will remain whole.
7. Add orange juice and zest.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
ENJOY DAN: BOUN-APPETITE!!