Monday, December 22, 2014
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH WHITE TURKEY MEAT ENJOY DAN:
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH WHITE TURKEY MEAT by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 spaghetti squash
1 pound ground white turkey meat
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
8 crimini mushrooms, finely sliced
1 cup thinly sliced kale
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh sage
1 (24 Oz) jar BERTOLLI, olive oil, basil and garlic sauce
1/3-cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
DIRECTION: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES)
1. Wash squash and poke several holes in the squash.
2. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Then using a fork, scrape out the “spaghetti” like strands of the squash into a bowl.
5. In a skillet add oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
6. Add onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and sauté for 4 minutes; add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
7. Add kale, Italian seasoning, sage, and cook 1 more minute.
8. Add turkey meat, and cook, break up into pieces and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Add spaghetti strands to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
10. Cook until squash is heated through.
11. Remove from heat and add shredded Mozzarella cheese
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!