Wednesday, December 17, 2014
ARNIE'S CHRISTMAS RUM CAKE ENJOY DAN:
ARNIE’S FAMOUS RUM CHRISTMAS CAKE by CHEF DAN:
Makes 1 cake
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 bottle rum
2 cups dried fruit
1 cup nuts
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES)
1. Sample the rum to be sure it’s of the finest quality.
2. Select a large bowl; check the rum again to be sure it is just right.
3. Turn on a electric mixture.
4. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
5. Add 1 cup brown thugar and beat again.
6. At this point, it’s best to make sure the rum is still OK.
7. Try another cup just in case.
8. Turn on the turner.
9. Add 2 arge legs, 2 cups fried druit and beat til high.
10. If the druit gets stuck in the beaters, just pry it loose with a drewscriver.
11. Sample the rum again to test for tonsisticity.
12. Next, sift 1/2-pint lemon juice.
13. Check the rum, now fold in chopped butter and strained nuts.
14. Add a babblespoon of brown thugar or whatever color you can find.
15. Grease the oven.
16. Turn the cake pan to 350 degrees and try not to fall over.
17. Now pour the whole mess into coven and ake.
18. Don’t forget to beat off the turner.
19. Fishish the rum, and bo to ged.