Wednesday, December 17, 2014
FRESH LINGUINE WITH MUSHROOMS AND TRUFFLE OIL ENJOY DAN:
FRESH LINGUINE WITH MUSHROOMS AND TRUFFLE OIL by CHEF DAN:
1/2-cup dried Shiitake Mushrooms
2/3-cup boiling water
1 pound spinach, basil, garlic, linguine
Sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon butter
1/4-cup shallots, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2-cup crimini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Marcela wine
1/4-cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/4-cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
1/2-teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon (TRADER JOE’S) black truffle oil
1. Rinse dried Shiitake mushrooms thoroughly.
2. Combine Shiitake and 2/3-cup of boiling water in a bowl.
3. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
4. Drain Shiitake over a bowl; reserving the liquid.
5. Chop Shiitake mushrooms.
6. Cook linguine according to package directions.
7. Reserve 1/4-cup of liquid from pasta.
8. Drain pasta in colander over a bowl.
9. In a skillet over medium-heat add butter when sizzling.
10. Add shallots, carimini mushrooms, and garlic.
11. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
12. Stir in Shiitake, Marcela wine and sea salt, cook 1 minute.
13. Finely grate 1/8-teaspoon of cheese and crumble remaining cheese.
14. Reduce heat to medium.
15. Stir in pasta and the liquid from the pasta and mushrooms.
16. Add grated cheese, coconut milk, sage, and pepper.
17. Drizzle with truffle oil; toss.
18. Serve with crumbled cheese and sage springs.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!