Thursday, December 18, 2014
SWEET AND SPICY CHILI PEPPER JELLY ENJOY DAN:
SWEET AND SPICY CHILI PEPPER JELLY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 4-5 (1/2-pints) jars
3 roasted red bell peppers
4 roasted jalapeno peppers,
3 tablespoons fruit Jell Pectin (from 1-3/4-oz box)
1/2-cup pineapple juice
3 cups of sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
3/4-teaspoon sea salt
1. Wash jars lids, and screw bands in hot soapy water, then rinse bands and lids.
2. Place empty jars on a rack in a boiling-water 8-10 quart pot.
3. Add enough hot water to cover by 2-inches.
4. Bring to a boil; cover and boil 10 minutes.
5. Remove canner from heat leaving jars in the water, cover.
6. In a sauce pan place lids in water; covered by 2-inches, bring to boil.
7. Leaving li9des in the water until ready to use.
8. Pulse roasted bell peppers, and roasted jalapeno peppers in food processor and finely chop (not pureed).
9. Stir together pepper mixture, pineapple juice, vinegar, butter, salt and sugar in a stock-pot.
10. Bring to a boil over high-heat; continue to boil stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
11. Gradually add pectin, whisking constantly.
12. Return jelly to a vigorous boil, stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
13. Remove from heat.
14. Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling with in 1/4-inch of the top.
15. Cover with flat lids, screw on bands tightly.
16. Place jars in rack, and slowly lower jars into canner.
17. The water should cover the jars completely,
18. Bring water to a boil and process for 5 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!