Monday, December 8, 2014
BASIC RISOTTO ENJOY DAN:
HOW TO MAKE BASIC RISOTTO by CHEF DAN:
5 cups chicken stock or vegetables stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3-cup finely chopped onion
2 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
1-1/2-cups ROYAL ITALIAN SUPERFINE ARBORIO
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons butter (unsalted if possible)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan over medium-heat, bring the stock to a gentle simmer and maintain over low heat.
2. In a Dutch-oven heat the oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
3. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
5. Add the rice and stir until each grain is well coated with oil and translucent with a white dot in the center, about 3 minutes.
6. Add simmering hot stock to rice 1/2-cup at a time, stirring and allowing rice to absorb stock before each next addition of stock.
7. Reserve 1/4-cup stock to add at the end.
8. When the rice is “firm to the tooth” but slightly firm in the center and looks creamy, after about 20 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and the reserved 1/4-cup stock.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!
P.S. I bought 10 pounds of Superfino Arborio rice which I will share with everybody. DAN