Friday, December 5, 2014
HUNGARIAN MUSHROOM SOUP ENJOY DAN:
HUNGARIAN MUSHROOM SOUP by CHEF DAN:
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups vegetarian broth
1 cup coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons flour
1-1/2-pounds new potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2-cup sour cream
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a skillet sauté the onion with 2 tablespoons broth for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes.
3. Stir in dill, soy sauce, paprika, salt, and 1/2-cup broth.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. In another skillet melt butter over medium-heat when sizzling.
6. Whisk in flour, whisk until well blended.
7. Add coconut milk, whisking until creamy.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. Add remaining stock, potatoes, and the flour/coconut milk mixture to the mushrooms.
10. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
11. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
12. Stir thoroughly until heated through.
ENJOY DAN: BOUN-APPETITE!!