Friday, December 19, 2014
OVEN BAKED RED PEPPER RISOTTO ENJOY DAN:
OVEN BAKED RED PEPPER RISOTTO by CHEF DAN:
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
2/3-cup of Royal Italian Superfine Arborio
1-cup white wine
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (14.5 Oz) can diced tomatoes
1/4--cup feta cheese
1/4-cup Parmesan cheese
A pinch of turmeric
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. Heat the oil over medium-heat in an ovenproof pan when sizzling.
2. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Increase heat medium-high heat; add rice and stir for 1 minute.
4. Pour in wine, stirring until absorbed,
5. Pour in tomatoes, peppers and 1-2/3- cups of the broth.
6. Cover and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy.
7. Stir In reaming broth and cheeses.
8. Sprinkle with turmeric.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!