Monday, December 15, 2014
CURRIED CARROT APPLE GINGER AND PEANUT SOUP ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED CARROT APPLE GINGER AND PEANUT SOUP by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4-teaspoon sea salt
1 bay leaf
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 McIntosh or other apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
4 cups vegetables broth
1/4-cup peanut butter
2 tablespoon low-fat yogurt, for serving
Chopped dry roasted peanuts for serving
1 tablespoon fresh parsley for serving
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add ginger and sauté 1 minute more.
4. Stir in curry powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and bay leaf.
5. Add carrots, apples and sauté over medium-heat for 2 minutes.
6. Add 3-1/2-cups broth, and bring to a boil.
7. Cover reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Pour in 1/2-cup broth and peanut butter, using an immersion blender.
10. Blend until smooth.
11. Garnish with yogurt, peanuts and parsley.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!