Thursday, November 27, 2014
THAI PENN COVE MUSSELS ENJOY DAN:
THAI PENN COVE MUSSELS by CHEF DAN:
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2-3 pounds Penn Cove mussels
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced
1 stalk of lemon grass, cut into 3-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 Tablespoon red curry paste
1(19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 (8 Oz) bottle clam juice
1/4-cup lime juice
2 teaspoon brown sugar
2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a stock-pot heat oil over medium-het when sizzling.
2. Add red curry paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and lemon-grass and sauté for minute.
4. Add fish sauce coconut milk, clam juice, lime juice, and sugar.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Add mussels.
7. Cover and steam the mussels in the broth 3-5 minutes, until mussels are open.
8. Remove from heat and discard and unopened mussels.
9. Pour mussels and broth into a serving bowl and toss with cilantro.
10. Serve with lime wedges and Italian bread.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE