Monday, December 8, 2014
GOURMET RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS ENJOY DAN:
GOURMET RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS by CHEF DAN:
5 cups chicken broth
1 ounce Shitake (dried black mushrooms)
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2-pound crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4-cup fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
2 tablespoon fresh chives
1-1/2-cups Royal Italian Superfine Arborio
1 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
1. In a sauce-pan, bring the stock to a simmer.
2. Remove from heat and add the dried Shitake mushrooms.
3. Soak for 20 minutes.
4. Drain through a sieve into a large bowl, pressing down on mushrooms.
5. Reserving the stock; return stock to sauce-pan.
6. Bring to a simmer over medium-heat, maintaining a gentle simmer.
7. Chop the Shitake mushrooms and set aside.
8. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
9. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
10. Add crimini mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
11. Add chopped Shitake mushrooms, parsley, chives and 1/2-cup simmering stock until thickened about 5 minutes.
12. Using slotted spoon transfer mushrooms to a bowl; set aside.
13. Add rice to the same pan and stir over medium-heat, for 3 minutes.
14. Add the wine and stir completely absorbed.
15. Add simmering stock a 1/2-cup at a time, stirring often after each addition, reserving 1/4-cup stock to be added at the end.
16. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed (but never dry on top) before adding the next 1/2-cup.
17. When the rice is “firm to the tooth “but slightly firm in the center and looks creamy, cook about 20 minutes.
18. Add the mushroom mixture and 1/2-cup stock.
19. Cook stirring occasionally until mushrooms are heated through and rice is al dente, 2-3 minutes longer.
20. Remove from heat and stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and reserved 1/4-cup stock.
21. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!