Wednesday, December 24, 2014
CREAMY COCONUT MUSHROOM AND QUINOA ENJOY DAn
CREAMY COCONUT MUSHROOM AND QUINOA SOUP ENJOY CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cooked chicken breast, shredded (optional)
1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
2 shallots, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons flour
1 (19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1/3 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2-teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
Sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon fresh snipped chives for garnish
1. In a Dutch oven heat the oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
2. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add flour and stir to combine and the mushrooms are coated.
4. Add coconut milk and broth, followed by the quinoa.
5. Stir in shredded chicken and lemon juice.
6. Season with salt and garlic pepper seasoning.
7. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Garnish with fresh chives.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!