Saturday, December 20, 2014
CHICKEN WITH QUINOA ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN WITH QUINOA by CHEF DAN;
1-1/2-cups chicken broth
3/4-cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
1/3-cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon lime zest, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
Juice from 1 orange
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Flatten chicken with heavy fry-pan until 1/4-inch thick.
2. Season with salt and pepper, set aside
3. Combine 1-1/4 cup broth and quinoa in a sauce-pan.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
6. Stir in cilantro and 1/2-teaspoon zest, season with salt to taste.
7. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
8. Add seasoned chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
9. Remove chicken.
10. Add remaining broth, cook for 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
11. Stir in remaining zest, orange juice, lime juice and honey.
12. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 2 minutes.
13. Stir n butter.
14. Return chicken to skillet; turn to coat.
15. Serve chicken with quinoa.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!