Monday, April 6, 2015
DAVE'S CAJUN CRAWFISH AND SHRIMP ETOUFFE ENJOY DAN:
DAVE'S CAJUN CRAWFISH AND SHRIMP ETOUFFE by CHEF DAN:
1/4-cup all-purpose flour
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 tomatoes, chipped
2 tablespoons Frank’s red hot seasoning
1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1/2-teaspoon black pepper
1 cup chicken stock
1 pound crawfish tails
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a skillet heat the butter over medium-heat.
2. Gradually stir in the flour, and stir until mixture turns into “peanut butter “brown and darkened about 15-20 minutes.
3. This is your roux.
4. Once roux is browned, add the onion, shallot, garlic, celery, and bell pepper, to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in chopped tomatoes, and chicken broth chives, add Frank’s hot seasoning.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Season the sauce with cayenne, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper.
8. Add the crawfish and shrimp.
9. Cook about 5 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque.
10. Serves with hot cooked rice.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!