Thursday, April 9, 2015
CELERY SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY AN:
CELERY CREAM SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
7 pounds celery, sliced
8 onions, chopped
10 garlic cloves, chopped
5 baking potatoes, cubed
4 bay leaves
1 cup all-purpose flour
30 cup chicken broth
1 gallon coconut milk
5 tablespoons lemon juice
15 dashes of FRANKS hot sauce
Sea salt and white pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh dill weeds, for garnish
1. In a soup-pot add butter over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add celery, onions and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Reduce heat and add flour and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, potatoes, bay leaves, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaf and with an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
6. Add coconut milk, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Reheat and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh dill weeds
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!