Friday, April 10, 2015
OVEN BAKED RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP ENJOY DAN:
OVEN BAKED RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP by CHEF DAN:
2-tablespoons olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4-cup onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup white wine
2-to 2-1/4-cups of water
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/4-cup goat cheese
1/4-freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
1/4-cup fresh cilantro, chopped
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN O 425 DEGREES)
1. In ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
3. Set shrimp aside.
4. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes; add garlic and sauté I minute.
5. Add rice and cook, stirring to coat the grain with oil, 1 minute.
6. Stir in wine and cook until it has completely evaporated, 1 minute or so
7. Stir in 1-1/2-cups water, the stock, peas, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Cover, transfer to the oven, and bake, until most the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, 20-25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Stir in 1/2-to 3/4-cup water, consistency of risotto should be creamy.
12. Stir in the butter, goat and Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!