Friday, April 10, 2015
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH RICE NOODLES ENJOY DAN:
THAI GREEN CURRY WITH RICE NOODLES by CHEF DAN:
2 Tablespoons grape-seed oil, divided
1 pound chicken tenders
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4-cup green curry paste
2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
2 cup vegetable stock
1 eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, blackened and cut into 1/4-inch stripes
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, thinly sliced
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 cup fresh basil
1 teaspoon chia
1. Brng a pot of water to a boil and add rice noodles, remove heat and let sit 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Add oil in a wok over high-heat when sizzling.
3. Add chicken tender and sauté chicken tender and cook 2 minutes.
4. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
5. Add garlic, curry paste and tamarind, and cook until aromatic about 2 minutes.
6. Add the stock and bring to a simmer, about 1 minute.
7. Add eggplant, bell pepper, ginger, and fish sauce.
8. Cook for about 8 minutes.
9. Add chicken tenders, rice noodles and cook until heated through.
10. Stir in basil leaves.
11. Sprinkle with chia seeds.
ENJOY DAN: BOB-APPETITE!!