Friday, April 10, 2015
SALMON TERIYAKI WITH MIRIN SALAD ENJOY DAN:
SALMON TERIYAKI WITH MIRIN SALAD by CHEF DAN:
4 salmon filets
2 scallions, chopped
Sesame seeds for serving
1/2-cup light soy sauce
3 tablespoon brown sugar
3 cloves, garlic, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, gated
2 tablespoon EACH lime juice, and cornstarch
MIRIN CUCUMBER SALAD:
1/2-tablespoon wasabi powder
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 English cucumbers, julenned
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGRES)
1. In a skillet whisk together soy sauce, 1/4-cup+2 tbsp of water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and lime juice.
2. Bring mixture to boil over medium-heat.
3. Whisk together cornstarch and remaining water, and then add to sauce mixture on the skillet.
4. Cook mixture stirring constantly, until it is thickened.
5. Spray an ovenproof dish with Pam.
6. Set aside 1/4-cup teriyaki sauce.
7. Then in a preheated oven place the salmon in the baking dish.
8. Brush tops with plenty of teriyaki sauce on both sides of the salmon.
9. Bake for 15-19 minutes, top with scallions, and sesame seeds.
10. Serve with cucumber salad.
1. Make a paste with wasabi and mirin.
2. Whisk together vinegar and sugar, then whisk in oil, season with S-&-P.
3. Toss the cucumber with the vinaigrette to completely coat.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!