Friday, April 10, 2015
NAPA CABBAGE WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING ENJOY DAN:
NAPA CABBAGE WITH BUTTERMILK DRESSING by CHEF DAN:
1 head of Napa cabbage
1 onion, cut into paper thin slices, on a mandolin
2 apples, Fiji, or Braeburn, cut into 1/8-inch slices
2 tablespoon feta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Keep the core intact, slice Napa cabbage lengthwise in four equal parts.
2. Arrange on a platter.
3. In a bowl, toss onion and apples with a pinch of salt and tablespoon of the prepared dressing.
4. Tuck dressed onion and apple slices all around and between the leaves of the cabbage wedges.
5. Drizzle the Napa wedges with most of the remaining dressing.
6. Finish with chives, a pinch of salt, black pepper, and feta cheese.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUTTERMILK DRESSING: (ABOUT 1-1/3-CUPS)
1/2-cup sour cream
2 garlic cloves, minces
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1-1/2-teaspoon fresh dill
1/4-cup fresh chives
Few dashes smoked Tabasco sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients in Mason jar and shake well.
2. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Chill until ready to serve.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!