Friday, April 3, 2015
INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN IN THE CROCK-POT FOR SUNRISE DENTAL ENJOY DAN:
CROCK POT INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN FOR SUNRISE DENTAL by CHEF DAN:
1 cup raw cashews
1/4-cup curry powder
2 tablespoons garam masala
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1/4-cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
3 pounds cut up chicken parts
1 onion, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1/2-teaspoon EACH cardamom seeds, and cayenne
1 (15 Oz) can diced tomatoes
2/3-cup chicken broth
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1(19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 cup plain yogurt
1. Cook cashews, curry, garam msala, and fennel seed in a dry skillet for 2 minutes stirring until fragrant.
2. Put into a spice blender and ground finely, set aside.
3. Place yogurt in a bowl along with tomato paste, lime juice, garlic and ginger.
4. Stir together and add cashew mixture, mix well.
5. In a bowl combine chicken parts and mix with yogurt cashew sauce.
6. Refrigerate overnight.
7. In a skillet add butter over medium-heat when sizzling.
8. Add onion, cinnamon stick, cardamom seeds.
9. Stir-fry until tender.
10. Add cayenne, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and coconut milk.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Place in a crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
13. Stir in plain yogurt 15 minutes before serving.
14. Serve with white or brown basmati rice.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!