Thursday, April 9, 2015
INDIAN STYLE TOFU POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN THE CROCK-POT ENJOY DAN:
PRABHJOT INDIAN STYLE TOFU POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY IN THE CROCK POT
By CHEF DAN:
1(14-Oz) package firm tofu
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon EACH mustard seeds, and cumin seeds
1/2-teaspoon EACH turmeric and dry mustard
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 onion, chopped.
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, peeled and crassly chopped
1 head cauliflower florets
1 (14.5Oz) can diced tomatoes
1. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels.
2. Cover with several layers of paper towels; top with cast iron skillet.
3. Let stand for 30 minutes, discard paper towels.
4. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
5. In a skillet over medium-heat add oil when sizzling.
6. Add tofu and fry for 2 minutes, set aside.
7. Add mustard and cumin seeds; cook 10 seconds.
8. Add onion, garlic, ginger, potatoes, cauliflower and sauté for about 4 minutes.
9. Reduce heat and add all spices and sauté stirring often for 2 minutes.
10. Place all ingredients in a crock-pot and cook over low heat for 7-9 hours.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!