Saturday, April 4, 2015
SEAFOOD WITH AHI SQUID AND SOY SESAME DRESSING by CHEF DAN:
INGREDIENTS FOR TARTAR:
12 ounces sashimi grade tuna, cut into small dice
Pot of water blanching
1 tablespoon EACH capers, fresh chives, and soy sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH sesame oil and rice wine vinegar
1 avocado slice
FOR THE SOY SESAME DRESSING:
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons mirin
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon EACH sesame oil and honey
1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 English cucumber, sliced on maudlin paper thin
1/2-cup rice wine vinegar
1/2-dteaspoon EACH sesame oil and red pepper flakes
6 pieces cocktail sourdough bread, toasted
1. Remove purple skin on the tubes, cut into thick rings.
2. Blanch squid rings and the white squid; by cooking for 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water.
3. Remove from pot and place under cold running water to stop cooking.
4. For the tartar, combine all ingredients except the avocado, set aside.
5. Place the soy sauce dressing in a blender, mix all the ingredients.
6. Combine Sriracha and mayo, set aside for dipping sauce.
7. Combine cucumber, vinegar, oil, chili flakes in a bowl.
8. In a 3-inch culinary mold, place the tartar half up the mild.
9. Remove cucumber from the mixture and layer around the mold.
10. Add layer of avocado, then top with a layer of tuna and squid.
11. Top with mayonnaise mixture add chia seeds.
12. Finish with toasted sourdough toast.
13. Lift off mold and drizzle the dressing all around.ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE