Wednesday, August 9, 2017
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI AND TURKEY ENJOY DAN:
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH SPIRALIZED ZUCCHINI AND TURKEY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 6 peppers
6 bell peppers, red, green, or yellow
Sea salt and ground black pepper
2 zucchinis, spiralized
2 tablespoon olive oil
1-pound ground turkey
1/2-teaspoon EACH fennel seeds, and coriander seeds, roasted
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4-teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 onion, chopped
1-(10.5 Oz) can RO*TEL tomatoes with juice
4 cups cooked quinoa
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
1/4-cup fresh chives
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Remove the seeds and ribs from the peppers cavity and rinse with water.
2. Roast fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a dry cast-iron skillet.
3. Let cool and place in a spice grinder and pulse into a fine powder.
4. Bring a pot of boiling water to a boil.
5. Add peppers and boil for about 10 minutes or until soft.
6. Remove from pot and place in prepared baking dish.
7. In a skillet add 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
8. Add spiralized zucchini and sauté for about 2 minutes, sprinkle with a little salt.
9. Set aside.
10. In the same skillet add remaining oil and when sizzling.
11. Add ground turkey and sauté until browned.
12. Add fennel powder, coriander powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
13. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
14. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes.
15. Stir in tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes.
16. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa and zucchini.
17. Toss with Parmesan cheese and fresh chives and season with salt and pepper.
18. Use a spoon to fill each pepper with meat mixture.
19. Top with cheese.
20. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!