Wednesday, August 2, 2017
MISO SHRIMP WITH SPICY MISO SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
MISO SHRIMP WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
1-pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons PLUS 2 tablespoons water
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons spicy miso paste, recipe [e to follow
2 teaspoons honey
3 scallions, sliced on the bias into 1/2-inch lengths
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
1. Place the shrimp in a bowl with the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons water and salt and pepper.
2. Let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Mix the spicy miso sauce, sake, honey and 2 tablespoon water in a bowl.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add shrimp, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add garlic, ginger and scallions and sauté for 1 minute.
7. Add prepared miso sauce mixture to the skillet.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté 1 minutes longer.
9. Serve over cooked jasmine rice.
SPICY MISO SAUCE: (MAKES 3 CUPS)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup miso paste
1/2-tablespoon EACH garlic powder, and ginger powder
1/4-cup lemon juice
1. Place oil and next 6 ingredients in a pot and whisk until smooth.
2. Cook the mixture over low heat; stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice, and Siracha sauce.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!