Wednesday, August 2, 2017
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 4 stuffed peppers
1/4-cup olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1-pound ground turkey
2 (10.5 Oz) cans RO*TEL tomatoes with juice
1 teaspoon EACH cinnamon, and paprika
2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1/4-teaspoon sea salt
1 cup uncooked quinoa
4 bell peppers
1/2-cup sharp cheddar cheese
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Slice off the enough of the stem end of each bell pepper to expose the whole cavity.
2. Remove the seeds and ribs from the pepper cavities and rinse with water.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
4. Add peppers and boil for about 10 minutes or until soft.
5. Remove from water and set inside a baking dish sprayed with Pam.
6. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
7. Add onion, garlic, and celery and sauce for 4 minutes.
8. Add ground turkey and cook until slightly browned.
9. Add the RO*TE tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes.
10. Add quinoa and simmer for 8-12 minutes.
11. Use a spoon each pepper with meat mixture.
12. Top with cheese.
13. Add about 1/2-inch water to the baking dish.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: OLY-OLY-OXEN-FREE!!