Saturday, August 6, 2016
THAI SPICY GROUND CHICKEN ' LARB GAI' ENJOY DAN:
THAI SPICY GROUND CHICKEN ‘LARB GAI’ by CHEF DAN:
1/3-cup lime juice
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons Amber Raw Blue agave
1-1/2 chicken tenders, cut into small cubes
1/2-cup coarsely chopped shallots
2 tablespoon thinly sliced lemongrass
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 red Thai chili, thinly sliced
1-teaspoon EACH chipotle powder, sea salt
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
Fresh large cabbage leaves or romaine leaves
1. Stir all ingredients in a bowl to blend, set aside.
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor.
2. Sizzle 1 tablespoon coconut oil over and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Heat reaming tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
4. Add chicken mixture and sauté, breaking up into small pieces.
5. Sauté until chicken starts to turn golden brown and cooked through.
6. About 6 minutes.
7. Place 2 cabbage or lettuce leaves on each plate.
8. Top leaves with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.
9. Spoon the reserved dressing over the top.
With cilantro, sliced radishes, cucumber, or coriander leaves