Wednesday, August 24, 2016
GRILLED POTENTA AND SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD By CHEF DAN:
1 teaspoon EACH kosher salt, cumin, & curry blend
2 scallions, bias-sliced into ½-inch lengths
1 tablespoon EACH grape-seed oil, & lemon juice
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup spinach
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
½ sliced cucumber
¼-cup EACH fresh parsley, fresh snipped chives & goat cheese
1.in a saucepan bring 1-cup of water to a boil.
2. In a bowl stir together cornmeal, 1/3-cup cold water, salt, cumin & curry blend.
3. slowly add cornmeal mixture to boiling water, stirring constantly.
4. reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or until thickened.
5.remove from heat ans stir in scallions.
6. spread polenta into plastic-lined 9-inch cake pan.
7.let stand 30 minutes, then cover and chill fro 1 hour.
8. remove polenta from pan; pat dry.
9. brush both sides with 2 teaspoons oil.
10. Place on the grill sprayed with Pam over medium-heat.
11.cover and grill 15 minutes or until heated through, turning once.
12.transfer to serving dish.
13.in a salad bowl whisk together reaming oil. Lemon juice, season with S.&.P
14. add spinach, strawberries, cucumber, parsley and chives.
15. place on polenta cake and sprinkle with goat cheese.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!