Sunday, August 7, 2016
CROCK POT FRENCH ONION SOUP FOR THE SUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CROCK POT FRENCH ONION SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
10 Walla Walla sweet onion, sliced & separated into rings
1/4-to 1/2-cup butter
10 cups beef stock
4 cups Whidbey Island Pinot Gris wine
1 cup sherry
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
12 slices French bread, buttered
2 cups Romano or 3/4-cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Add the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onions and sauté until limp & glazed
3. Transfer to crock-pot.
4. Add beef stock, and next 5 ingredients.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6. Place French bread on a baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle generously with cheese
8. Place under preheated boiler until lightly toasted.
9. Ladle soup into bowls.
10. Float a slice of toasted French bread on top of each bowl.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & DANCE!!