Wednesday, August 3, 2016
COLA MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH AVOCADO SALSA ENJOY DAN:
COLA MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH AVOCADO SALSA VERDE by CHEF DAN:
1-1/2-pound flank steak
2 cans regular coco cola
2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons EACH lime juice, cider vinegar, and brown sugar
1 teaspoon EACH ground cumin, and fennel seeds, (toasted and ground)
4 garlic clove, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
AVOCADO SALSA VERDE:
1/2-non-fat Greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2-cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 avocado, chopped
1 teaspoon seas salt
DIRECTIONS FOR SALSA VERDE:
1. Peel husk from tomatillos, and rinse under cold water until no longer sticky.
2. Cut into chunks and place a food processer.
3. Add yogurt, onion, garlic, and jalapeño and mix until finely chopped.
4. Add reaming in ingredients blend until smooth.
1. Whisk all marinate ingredients in a baking dish.
2. Place steak in marinate and turn over a couple of times to coat thoroughly.
3. Cove in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight.
4. Remove steak from marinate and place, place on hot side of the grill for 2 minutes each side to sear steak well.
5. Move to cooler side of the grill, and grill until internal temperature is 115-120 F for rare, 120-125 F for medium-rare.
6. Let rest 10 minutes and then slice across the grain.
7. Serve with avocado salsa Verde.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!