Thursday, November 20, 2014
GINGER MISO WITH SAKE GLAZED EGGPLANT ENJOY DAN:
GINGER MISO WITH SAKE GLAZED EGGPLANT by CHEF DAN:
2 medium eggplants
1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
1/3-cup white miso
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sake
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
3 tablespoons scallions, bias sliced into 1/2--inch lengths, divided
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES)
1. Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch slices and with a cookie cutter make 3-inch rounds,
2. Brush both sides with oil and place on a prepared baking sheet.
3. Roast eggplant, flipping once for about 20- minutes.
4. Remove from oven.
5. Arrange on a rack in upper third of and heat to broil.
6. Meanwhile, whisk miso and next 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
7. Stir in 1/2-teaspoon sesame seeds and 2 tablespoon scallions.
8. Smear top of eggplant slices with miso sauce.
9. Broil until golden brown and somewhat charred, 4-5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and scallions.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!