Sunday, November 23, 2014
VEGETABLE CONFETTI SOUP (WINTER WONDER SOUP) ENJOY DAN:
VEGETABLE CONFETTI SOUP (winter wonder soup) by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 leeks white and light green parts, sliced and washed
1-1/2-cups, quinoa, barley and red lentils
3 cups water
8 crimini mushrooms, quartered
2 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1/2-celery root, thinly sliced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon and a 3-inch strip of lemon zest
3 quarts vegetables stock
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 fresh rosemary springs
1. In a stock-pot heat oil over medium-heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, shallot, garlic, and leeks, mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add mixed grains and sauté until grains are slightly toasted and begin to brown.
4. Add water bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half.
5. Add vegetables, celery root, lemon juice and zest, stock and rosemary springs.
6. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove rosemary springs and season with salt and pepper.