Friday, November 21, 2014
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS ENJOY DAN:
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MUSHROOMS by CHEF DAN:
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 tablespoon butter
6 crimini mushrooms (baby portabella) quartered
1 bell pepper, yellow red or green
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
10- Olives, pitted
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups marinara sauce
1-1/2-cups Italian blend cheese
1/4-cup parsley for garnish
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES)
1. Poke several holes in the squash and place on prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake in pre-heated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
3. Remove and let cool for about 12 minutes.
4. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise, using a fork remove and discard the seeds.
5. In a skillet add butter over medium-heat when sizzling.
6. Add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and sauté 4 minutes
7. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
8. In a pre-pared baking dish, spread half the squash into the dish.
9. Add half the onion mixture, half the olives and seasoning and herbs.
10. Top with half the sauce and half the cheese.
11. Top reaming onion mixture, olives and sauce.
12. Bake 30 minutes.
13. Sprinkle with reaming cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
14. Let stand 10 minutes.
15. Sprinkle with parsley.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!